Curious Happenings

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Melbourne Bound!

So, after a good nights sleep, we awoke at around 8:30, and breakfasted on cereals we had only dreamed about for over two years. Rice Pops and Honey Oats, and other cereals, which were unavailable in Bolivia. Four very high-pressured showers later and we went over to the main office to get some internet, seeing as there is no wireless around at our little house. I was very glad to have been able to get onto the internet, even if only long enough to check facebook and write to a few close friends on their walls. Then, after checking about sending some of our essential flotsam and jetsam, or in Spanish ________ back to Aus so that we can manage to stuff our bags into our trunk (or luggage compartment, as the car manual says) a little better. Then it was time to jump into our car and drive up to Melbourne, Florida.

After driving for about two hours, getting hungry, falling asleep, and almost getting lost in our attempts to see the Atlantic Ocean, we stopped at a Wendy’s. They had everything we needed, complimentary Wi-Fi, good food, and service which was terrific! When my mum asked the lady at the counter (I’m still convinced she was heaven sent) for directions, she gave us exactly the information we needed, and in fact gave us better information and suggestions as far as getting to the town of Melbourne. I can still say nothing negative about Wendy’s, I’ve joined my American Friends in saying that “I love Wendy’s!!”.

After that things went a whole lot better, we got onto a much quicker route, even if less scenic, and found a good station on the Radio. As I write this, we have almost reached Melbourne, Florida, only about 15 minutes left I would say.

From a very cheerful blogger,

Curious