Curious Happenings

Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Fountain of Youth

Ok, yes, my english class does inspire my blog posts most days and groan if you'd like, but this one is no different.

We were watching the movie, Tuck Everlasting and it really got me thinking. If someone offered me a drink of water, that would make me invincible and allow me to live forever, would I take it? If I was the girl, in love, but also loving her parents, would I take it? Would I want to never have the relief of dying, would I want to live till the end of the world? Even if I was with the man I loved, would I want that sort of life?

What about the fountain in Dr. Heidegger's Experiment? Would I want youth back again, only to lose it and be all the more sorrowful? Both of the waters in these two stories have their good points and their bad ones, but in the end, after all is done, would YOU drink?