Curious Happenings

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Such is my life...

Hi, I'm a missionary kid
No, please, don't run away,
Let me tell you about me?

I live in Bolivia,
No, its not in Africa.
I go to a normal strange school,
I have normal strange friends.

When a team comes,
Its almost guaranteed that shoes
Will be left on the doorstep.
Such is my life.

Bugs come in seasons,
And rain comes once a year.
We delight in the dated,
And our sense of humour is terrible.

Our teachers range from strict
To incredibly forgetful.
From just a little quirky
To the downright strange.

And they wonder why MK's turn out
Just the way we do.
They think we are predictable,
And in a way we are.

But think again.

We may be strange,
we may be weird,
But we have an understanding
Of the world around us
That others will never have.