Curious Happenings

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

September 11 and Happy New Year!

Yep, its the sixth anniversary of September 11th. Its crazy, I was studying in the school computer lab, and the grade 8s were having a class in there at the same time, and the teacher brought up September 11th, and I realized that they were only in 2nd grade when those planes flew into those towers, and if they were anything like what I was in 2nd grade, they won't remember much of it, I mean, I was only in 1st or 2nd grade when Lady Diana was killed, and its seen as a big thing. It just hit me though, that when I'm old and grey, instead of saying "Oh yes my dear grandchildren, I saw the first lunar landing" I'd be saying "Oh yes my dear grandchildren, I remember watching the planes go down on September 11th" Its become that big of a deal. It was the chain reaction start. Now, I have this theory, its gonna ruffle feathers, but thats always fun :) Ok:

I reckon that because the US came late in WWI and WWII they've been trying to make up for all the bloodshed they missed by carrying out all these "police actions" and a couple of short wars to get in on all the fun they missed out on. (Korea, Vietnam, Iran, Iraq etc etc.)

But on to my next thought, Happy New Year! Its the Millenium! Well, that is according to Ethiopia, seven years behind and loving it. They have a special calendar based on when the Queen of Sheba went to King Solomon to witness for herself his great wisdom, bringing back with her a belief in the one true God. Today, September the 11th starts of the new millenium for Ethiopia, so Happy New Year!