Curious Happenings

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A piece of plastic with my name on it...

I went to university today.
I took a train almost all the way.
I heard interesting conversations,
As we passed through the stations.
I almost got lost,
Until my head I tossed,
And saw my destination was the other way.

We passed through the door,
Went up, floor after floor.
Sat at a desk, and was told
The right place to become part of the fold.
And so I went, and I queued,
And gave all that was dued,
Everything was cleared, confusion gone.

An ID they say is necessity,
To be a part of this community-
And so I queued once again
We stood and we stood in that lane
Till my photograph was ready to be taken
So that I myself could not be mistaken
For any other student or person for that matter.

I had the sensation
As I waited at the station;
That those around me,
In this people sea
Were my age
And at my stage
In this time of university.

Everyone has that piece of plastic with their name on it.

Curious