Curious Happenings

Thursday, November 03, 2011

Life

I'm so close to finishing Uni, I have one final assessment that stands between me and the "real world".

This freaks me out somewhat.

I've never had a full time job before, and now all of a sudden I'm applying for big name things, and putting my name out there. I even have a website! I have online presence! This is totally scary.

When did this even happen? When did I grow up?

Last I checked I was still happily naive and innocent, skipping through life knowing that I still had something to fall back on. Now, I have to stand on my own two feet.

No one is going to give me money for nothing. I have to earn it, and it is me that has to do the running. I've had big changes in my life before, but this one is absolutely petrifying. Now I really feel like I'm jumping off a cliff, but this time I'm wearing a blind fold, and I don't actually know where the edge of the cliff is or how high it is.

I might land on my feet, get a job and start making money. Or I could fall flat on my face and have to crawl for a while before I can walk again. The world is a big scary place, and I don't think that has ever really sunk in to me before.

Poor Curious, so naive about the world. She has a lot to learn.